HB 2 and Mollusks

6 Apr

Now I don’t claim to be an authority on mollusks or clams.  In fact I had to read up on them.  This morning I was contemplating the very wonders of this shell–a shell I called a  IMG_3208-001

clam.  It’s beautiful to behold.  And I wondered what the white patch was, figuring it was an attachment point–and then wondered about its genesis.  I began seeing a finger–a pointing finger and I listened to what it was asking of me. Heard a whisper of the lesson wrapped up in this fragile remnant of life.

How had it come to be, this what-was-once a luminescent creature?  Where had its life begun?  Where had it been?  And what were the odds that from inception to now, it would end up on my sitting bench?

From mollusks to humans, isn’t it clear that some higher energy/force/being (whatever name you put on it) creates miracles, not mistakes?  Tell that to our legislators.

There’s a correlation here between the perfection of creation–be it mollusk or human– and the arrogance of the NC General Assembly.  If there is any doubt, just check out NC HB2.  Discrimination at its best.

12 Responses to “HB 2 and Mollusks”

1. grace April 6, 2016 at 12:26 pm #

the shell.
    yes. the shell…. and yes, it IS a pointing UpWard finger…saw it immediately…
    and arrogance,
    such ignorance abounds the weight of it is heavy. all i can think is that i must
    find ways to add some small weight to the perception of Beauty, every day, even
    more, as many moments of the day as i can….

• Patricia April 7, 2016 at 9:45 am #

I was thinking about your comment this morning, standing at Southern States with a bunch of mountain farmers– waiting for 50 lbs of wheat bran. And it struck me that appreciating differences–I mean really appreciating them–is another form of beauty.

2. nanacathy2 April 6, 2016 at 2:39 pm #

There really is a finger there. Incredible!

3. Mo Crow April 6, 2016 at 4:30 pm #

I see a beautiful moon faced being with two young ones…

• grace April 6, 2016 at 6:58 pm #

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, O, Yes! Yes……love this so much…

• Patricia April 7, 2016 at 9:47 am #

Yes, I see her too. and they’re really vibrant in person. beautiful moon faced being. love that description

• Patricia April 7, 2016 at 9:47 am #
    • Patricia April 7, 2016 at 9:48 am #

3rd time–now i see what i was doing–anyway, love your description–love that you saw beneath the finger to the sublime.

• grace April 7, 2016 at 12:46 pm #

maybe the finger is always pointing to the sublime?