Kaleidoscope Magic

22 Sep

Again this morning. Awake. Wide awake at 3:15 knowing I had to locate the feather. The feather that greeted me on my back stoop, several days ago. It’s tiny. A bit over an inch. Tiny. And power full. And there it was, safely nestled in scraps of cloth. Holding its own. Asking for recognition. Asking to be seen. To be seen for some thing … some thing other than what I first thought. So here…all of this a miracle today. September 22, 2014.

First the feather–it’s the middle one–the other two are jays but I don’t know what bird gifted this one. Peach/golden undertones:

day after

Nice, right? Sweet. Enough just to study the feathers. Their amazing design. The engineering of it all. That in itself…well, miraculous. Then I noticed something in my photo editor–a category I hadn’t opened before. Filters. And under Filters, this–Kaleidoscope. Now a confession. I love kaleidoscopes. And I love mandalas. And I love love love what happened. Early this morning…night sounds providing background music through my open window.

kaliedescope23

kaliedescope22

kaliedescope10

kaliedescope9

kaliedescope6

kaliedescope2

kaliedescope 33

kaliedescope

10 Responses to “Kaleidoscope Magic”

1. grace September 22, 2014 at 11:30 am #

and i always wonder what the vision of other beings is like…a bee, a flower, even, whose
    vision might be a sensing of some kind,
    maybe like this.
    so magical, yes,

2. Patricia September 22, 2014 at 11:35 am #

exactly what i’m sitting with…imagining many lens, imagining…a butterfly point of view

3. jude September 22, 2014 at 12:42 pm #

really great! new eyes.

• Patricia September 22, 2014 at 4:56 pm #

always a welcomed thing–new eyes.

4. Mo Crow September 22, 2014 at 3:17 pm #

magic!

• Patricia September 22, 2014 at 4:57 pm #

maybe this is the first time i’ve considered coming back as an insect. could be pretty trippy!

5. grace September 22, 2014 at 7:27 pm #

i looked at these this morning before i went to work. Looking now, such a STRONG
    impression of them being how the MIND of the Great Intelligence, the God Thing, would
    image and then create. In this case, a bird. How it would begin from that Bud in the first
    and then continue, this Unimaginable Imagining.

• Patricia September 23, 2014 at 8:41 am #

am also struck with the bird-ness of these images. it’s there…grown from the feather.

6. Nancy September 23, 2014 at 12:12 am #

Wow! Those are some views…and some feather too! It’s beautiful, as are the other two. I had I brilliant sky blue feather show up, still don’t know what kind of bird let it go.

• Patricia September 23, 2014 at 8:41 am #