a heart for E

12 Dec

I’m meeting a dear friend E.  for lunch today.  We don’t get together often.  Her schedule is much busier than mine.  When I think of her, I think of her heart–the openness of it and the love she bestows to every ONE–two legged and 4-legged alike.  She is a massage therapist and works with a chiropractor.  Together they have designed a therapeutic brace that relieves knee/hip pain in canines.   She has poured her heart into developing the prototypes and now the final product.  This heart sends lots of love back TO her.

The background –strips of scrap cloth woven a la Jude Hill.  The doily under the heart is one E. gave me a long time ago.  It had belonged to her mother.  Free motion stitching (she whispers).

a heart for E.

a heart for E.

7 Responses to “a heart for E”

1. Linda December 12, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

Love this piece, maybe it is because of my propensity to love the heart symbol. also love the way you have hung the piece with the buttons and branch.

linda

2. grace Forrest~Maestas December 12, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

seeing through the spaces in the doily, i like that a lot
    and i look forward to, as things go along, your feeling of hand stitching and the
    freemotion…have a really great great time together

• Patricia December 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm #

thanks, grace. looking at the picture here, i see an angel emerging from the doily. if i had looked more carefully, i could have given her eyes. she’s gone to a new home now. still feeling–not sure the word–about machine stitching. would like to get REALLY clear with it.

3. Anonymous December 12, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

I’m E (Elizabeth) – the one who takes this lovely Heart (in all of it’s meanings) home to hang in a place that I will see it many times a day. I know and honor that a piece of Patricia’s heart is there in the making of this beautiful piece of art work and in the long years of our friendship and soul connections. Thank you, my friend!

4. Mimmin Dove December 12, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

Heart and soul stitching, love shining through. What a gift!

• Patricia December 12, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

glad to hear from you! yes, lots of love here and as grace said, seeing through the doily gives nice insight! thanks for stopping by.

5. deedeemallon December 14, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

I love the button/string/stick treatment for hanging! I’m going to add it to my bag of tricks. And the quilt itself is so sweet – what friend would not light up receiving a gift like that?!!